Basic regulations for the use of computer resources
Miguel Hernández University, through its Computing Service, provides computing resources to the University community for the better development of the academic and research institutions. As information and media managers of the University community, the University Computing Services must ensure the reliability and security of information systems and ensure that good use is made of them.
The objectives of this policy are:
- Enforce the law.
- Ensure compliance to use Internet access to the national network of R+D (RedIRIS).
- Ensure availability, performance, security and privacy of the information systems.
- Ensure the security and privacy of users.
- Protect the reputation and good name of the UMH.
To do this, there is a set of guidelines or measures to follow:
- It is not allowed to use the University computer systems for any act that violates the applicable law or policy of use of the national network of R+D (RedIRIS).
- University computing resources are used exclusively for professional and academic purposes. You are not allowed to use them for private use, commercial or personal, without permission, and the professional or academic goals can never be affected.
- It is not allowed the access, manipulation or use of information, services or resources by people who have not been specifically authorized by the University.
- Actions that could impair the performance of computer systems or the work of others are not permitted.
- The use of computer resources provided by the Miguel Hernández University implies acceptance of these regulations.
Failure of these can result in the loss of the right to use the resources and, where appropriate, sanctions or legal actions can be taken.